Us vs. Them CAC
Not all charge air coolers are created equal!
When determining which brand of charge air cooler to buy... Be sure you are comparing apples to apples!
For Example PART #222223 Fitting many Kenworth/Peterbilt Applications:
- Extruded micro-fin END tubes provide strength where needed with the best heat transfer of any extruded tube.
- OE style stuffed fin CENTER tubes tubulates hot air for maximum heat transfer.
- Extruded smooth tubes offer strength, but provide almost no heat transfer.
FIN DESIGN AND QUALITY
- .2 mm fin thickness for added strength from road debris.
- 12.5 mm fin height for better clog resistance and more air flow to the radiator behind it.
- .1 mm fin thickness bends and clogs with the slightest touch.
- 9.8 mm fin height, smaller opening clogs easier.
- Curved tube face for better aerodynamics.
- Flat tube face restricts air flow decreasing fuel
- Thick 1.3 mm tube face on every tube for extra strength and impact resistance from road debris.
- Thin .65 mm tube face dents and punctures easily.
- 2 air diverting vanes in the tank for balanced air flow throughout the entire core.
- 1 air diverting vane in the tank results in uneven pressure and flow forming hot and cold spots.
When you want quality and dependability, you want Northern Radiator!